(Last updated October 17, 2016)
The Information Chipotle Collects and How We Use this Information
Chipotle only obtains personally identifiable information such as your name, email address and payment card or other information when you provide it voluntarily. For example, personal information may be collected from you to:
- respond to your comments regarding a Chipotle restaurant, our websites, or other aspects of Chipotle;
- register you for our mailing lists or as a user of online or mobile products or services we offer, or to register you for promotions or offers conducted through our websites or mobile campaigns;
- transmit payment information for online or mobile orders;
- respond to job inquiries and job applications submitted by you; and
- respond to other information submitted by you to any of our websites or through any of our mobile campaigns.
This information will be used for the purposes for which you provide it. We may also use this information to communicate with you from time to time for other purposes, such as to create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
We may also use information you provide us for additional purposes as described under “Sharing of Personal Information.”
In addition to personally identifiable information about you, Chipotle may collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you. For example, we may automatically collect website use information, such as information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
California's Do Not Track Notice
Chipotle does not support Do Not Track browser settings and does not currently participate in any Do Not Track frameworks that would allow any of our sites to respond to signals or other mechanisms from you regarding the collection of your personal information. However, our sites do not track any personally identifiable information on our sites unless you intentionally provide it to us (such as when you create an account, opt-in to our marketing lists, or make a purchase).
Mobile Terms & Conditions
- You must be 13 years of age or older to participate in the Chipotle mobile text program.
- By providing your mobile number and checking the box to sign up for mobile offers and text updates, you consent to receive future recurring automated marketing text messages to the mobile number provided from or on behalf of Chipotle. You also acknowledge that your agreement to receive these messages isn’t required as a condition of purchase.
- Message and data rates may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Chipotle does not charge you for sending or receiving text messages to 888222 (888333 in Canada).
- You can unsubscribe at any time by texting "STOP" to 888222 (888333 in Canada) and you will receive a confirmation text, or further instructions if enrolled in more than one of Chipotle’s SMS lists. Chipotle reserves the right to remove subscribers from our messaging database at our discretion. For more information, reply “HELP” to 888222 (888333 in Canada) or contact us here.
- Chipotle will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undelivered messages. T-Mobile policies require that we specify that T-Mobile, also, will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages or undelivered messages.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier's name, the date, time and content of your messages and other information you provide to us as part of this service. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
We Have Cookies!
You can use the options in your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or otherwise change your cookie preferences. Click on the "Help" section of your browser to learn how to make those changes. But remember, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the exciting features of our websites.
Our websites may also use web beacons or pixel tags, which are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use these tools to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Sharing of Personal Information
Chipotle uses its best efforts to protect your personally-identifiable information and privacy. We do not sell, transfer or disclose your personal information to any third parties other than for the limited purposes described in this policy.
With your permission, we will send marketing information to you, such as promotional offers or information about new product offerings, programs or restaurant openings. If you do not want to receive this stuff, you can contact us to opt out and we will not send it to you thereafter. Also with your permission, we may occasionally send marketing information to you on behalf of one of our business partners. On our websites, in our restaurants, or elsewhere, we may ask if you want to receive marketing materials from our business partners. If you want to receive this stuff, we’ll send it to you… if you don’t want it, just tell us and you won’t get it. But remember, Chipotle will not share your personal information with any of its business partners. We will just send a mailing, e-mail, text message or similar communication on behalf of the business partner.
Chipotle sometimes contacts other companies for a variety of reasons, such as fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, and providing technical services for our websites. These companies may have access to personal information if they need it to do their work. However, we will generally obligate these companies to use any personal information only for the purpose of performing their work.
We may, where expressly stated, post certain submissions on our websites. However, we will not include your full name or other personal information identifying you unless you have given us consent to do so
We keep your job inquiries and job applications confidential. However, we may share personal information within our affiliated companies for purposes of evaluating you as a candidate for any openings.
Chipotle does reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement or similar investigation.
Finally, we may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Chipotle is very sensitive to privacy issues regarding kids. We do not intend our websites to collect personal information from kids under the age of 13.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s on-line activities. Although our website is not intended to collect personal information from kids under the age of 13, to review any personal information that your child may have submitted to Chipotle, to ask us to delete that information or to stop further use of the information, please submit this information on our Talk to Us form.
Access and Opting Out
You are in control of any personal information you give us. If at any time, you want to correct the personal information we have about you, or if you want to change your preferences for contacts from us or on behalf of our business partners, log in, send us an e-mail or a letter. We’re not mind readers you know!
Contact Customer Service here: http://chipotle.com/email-us
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
1401 Wynkoop St., Ste. 500
Denver, CO 80202
Chipotle’s Web Site Security
We take reasonable steps to maintain physical, technical and administrative security of personal information you provide to us. Although we take these steps to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. In addition, although we generally obligate third parties who support our websites and their related offers or other programs to use any personal information only for the purpose of performing their work, we do not control such third parties’ website or other security measures.
In the event you send Chipotle an e-mail, please remember that the e-mail is not necessarily secured against interception by another party. So if you do not want any sensitive personal information to be subject to this risk (i.e. information that you may supply as part of a job application), please contact us by mail or telephone at:
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
1401 Wynkoop St., Ste. 500
Denver, CO 80202
Links to Other Websites
Some of our websites offer links to sites other than those maintained by Chipotle. If you visit one of these linked websites, you are then subject to the privacy policies and other policies of the new website and are no longer protected by our policies. We are not responsible for, or able to monitor or control, the policies and practices of other companies.
Limitation to Online
This policy applies only to individuals who visit our websites or interact with us through any of our e-mail or mobile campaigns. It does not apply to information which we may collect by means other than through our websites and it does not apply to businesses which may use our websites.