NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ENTRY FEE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ENTRY FEE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Chipotle “Chiptopia Sweepstakes” (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry, who are registered rewards members. Employees of CMG Strategy Co., LLC (“Sponsor”), and Vibes Media LLC (“Administrator”), and their respective parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. All entrants who are considered a minor in their state of residence must have his/her parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR: CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202. Administrator: Vibes Media, LLC 300 W. Adams, 7th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606.
3. TIMING:The Sweepstakes begins on August 1, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and ends on August 15, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Go to: http://chipotle.com/chiptopia. Current rewards members may enter during the Sweepstakes Period by logging in and selecting entry on the Chiptopia profile page. If not a member, an entrant must first complete the rewards registration form during the Sweepstakes Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or rewards account. A rewards account is free of charge.
Proof of registration (such as a “confirming” message in a “sent” or similar folder or a “thank you” message) of the Sweepstakes entry does not constitute proof of actual submission/delivery to Sponsor for purposes of this Sweepstakes. All eligible entries must be submitted according to these Official Rules no later than 11:59:59 PM EDT on August 15, 2016. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. By entering or otherwise participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Any individual who attempts to enter, or in the sole discretion of Sponsor is suspected of submitting entries by establishing multiple email or rewards accounts, will be disqualified from participation in this Sweepstakes. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same wireless device, same rewards account or the same email address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of any potential winner, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the rewards account and email address submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of the rewards account and such email address. The “authorized account holder” is deemed as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Otherwise, the "authorized account holder" of a Device is the natural person in whose name the Device has been issued and the services are billed. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. If more than one person is shown as a responsible party, then the first-named person will be deemed the Authorized Account Holder unless the individuals on the account otherwise agree. Administrator’s determination of the winner in case of a dispute will be final and binding. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic or by any other automatic or mechanical means are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned to entrant.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, incorrect, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected sweepstakes registrations, all of which will be disqualified.
5. WINNER DETERMINATION AND VERIFICATION: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of potential winners is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners, from all eligible entries received, on or about August 16, 2016. The potential winners will be notified by email after the random drawing has been conducted.
The potential winners may be required to complete and execute an Affidavit of Compliance/Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within five (5) days of notification of winning a Prize. Failure to return Release Forms timely, or if Prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential Winner will be disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Upon forfeiture, no compensation will be given. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities arising from acceptance of the Prize in this Sweepstakes are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. If the Winner is a minor under the law of his/her jurisdiction of residence, Prize will be awarded in the name of the minor's parent/legal guardian. The minor's parent/legal guardian will be responsible for executing any required documentation.
Prizes will be fulfilled 8-10 weeks after winners are confirmed.
6. PRIZES: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: Each of the three (3) Grand Prizes will consist of fifty-two (52) Free Burrito Cards (up to a value of $10 each card) to be redeemed by each Grand Prize Winner at any participating Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant. Approximate Retail Value (the “ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $520. Thirty (30) Runner-Up Prizes: Each of the thirty (30) Runner-Up Prizes will consist of a Burritos for 10 Card (up to a value of $100 each card) to be redeemed by each Runner-Up Winner at any participating Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant. ARV of each Runner-Up Prize is $100. Unused Burrito Cards cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash value, in whole or in part. Terms and conditions of the Burrito Cards will apply. Total ARV of all prizes is: $4,560.
All Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person.
7. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Participants (and each minor Participant’s parent(s) or legal guardians(s)) agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, or receipt, use, nonuse or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner's consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, recordings, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in all forms of media now known or hereafter invented or discovered, in worldwide perpetuity, without further notice, payment or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing for any or all of the prizes offered herein from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance to the extent reasonably possible and practical in light of the termination. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If there is any discrepancy or inconsistency between statements made in promotional materials advertising the Sweepstakes and those contained in these Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in cellular networks, phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
Except where prohibited, Participants (and each minor Participant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) agree that: (1) all items, products, and services are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement and (2) under no circumstances shall the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, even if any or all of the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore such exclusions may not apply to certain Participants. Check local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: You agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen or may arise relating in any way to or arising out of the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the Sponsor’s Mobile Terms and Conditions will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Dispute Resolution section. Please read this section carefully. It affects your rights and will have a substantial impact on how claims you and we have against each other are resolved.
You agree that whenever you have a disagreement with the Sponsor arising out of, connected to, or in any way related to the Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, or the Sponsor’s Mobile Terms and Conditions, you will send a written notice to the Sponsor (“Demand”). You agree that the requirements of this Dispute Resolution section will apply even to disagreements that may have arisen before you accepted these Official Rules or the Sponsor’s Mobile Terms and Conditions. You must send the Demand to the following address (the “Notice Address”): Legal Department, Chipotle Mexican Grill c/o CMG Strategy Co., LLC, 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202. You agree that you will not take any legal action, including filing a lawsuit or demanding arbitration, until 20 business days after you send a Demand. If the disagreement stated in the Demand is not resolved to your satisfaction within 10 business days after it is received, and you intend on taking legal action, you agree that you will file a demand for arbitration with the American Arbitration Association (the “Arbitrator”). This arbitration provision limits the ability of you, Administrator, and Sponsor to litigate claims in court and you, Administrator and Sponsor each agree to waive your respective rights to a jury trial or a state or federal judge. You agree that you will not file any lawsuit against Administrator or Sponsor in any state or federal court. You agree that if you do sue in state or federal court, and Administrator or Sponsor brings a successful motion to compel arbitration, you must pay all fees and costs incurred by Administrator and Sponsor in court, including reasonable attorney’s fees. For any such filing of a demand for arbitration, you must effect proper service under the rules of the Arbitrator and notice to the Notice Address may not be sufficient. If, for any reason, the American Arbitration Association is unable to conduct the arbitration, you may file your case with any national arbitration company. The Arbitrator shall apply the AAA Consumer-Related Disputes Supplementary Procedure effective September 15, 2005 (as may be amended) and as modified by the agreement to arbitrate in this Dispute Resolution section. You agree that the Arbitrator will have sole and exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute you have with Administrator or Sponsor. The Federal Arbitration Act allows for the enforcement of arbitration agreements and governs the interpretation and enforcement of the agreement to arbitrate.
You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action or collective action against Administrator or Sponsor. You agree that you will not join your claims to those of any other person. Notwithstanding any other provision in the Official Rules, or the Sponsor’s Mobile Terms and Conditions, if this class action waiver is invalidated, then the agreement to arbitrate is null and void, as though it were never entered into, and any arbitration dispute at that time will be dismissed without prejudice and may be refiled in a court. Under no circumstances do you, Administrator, or Sponsor agree to class or collective procedures in arbitration or the joinder of claims in arbitration. Administrator and Sponsor agree that we will submit all disputes with you to arbitration before the Arbitrator.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, Administrator, and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you, Administrator and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
13. OFFICIAL RULES: For a copy of these Official Rules, please visit: http://chipotle.com/chiptopia-sweeps.
14. WINNER'S LIST: The Winners will be posted online at http://chipotlewinners.hit2c.com after winners’ confirmation is complete.
15. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant (and each minor Participant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Participant (and each minor Participant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s)) waives any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.