This promotion by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. involves a sweepstakes to be entered via the “check-in” feature offered by the mobile service operated by Foursquare®, Inc., and providing for one “Burritos for a year” grand prize involving issuance by Chipotle of 52 “burrito buck” promotional coupons to one winner, as well as ten “Burrito party for 10” runner up prizes to ten different winners. The promotion and sweepstakes are subject to the following official rules:
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited. Ordinary mobile service charges do apply.
2. Promotion period runs from March 1, 2012 to May 31, 2012. Promotion period ends at 11:00PM Pacific time on May 31, 2012.
3. To enter, an entrant must be a registered member of the Foursquare® service (available at www.foursquare.com). Registration for and use of the Foursquare system and other Foursquare applications are subject to Foursquare’s terms and conditions, and Chipotle has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use. Registered entrants must then follow www.foursquare.com/chipotletweets, and can then “check in” at Chipotle restaurants (as described below). Registered entrants who "check in" to a Chipotle location at least three times during the promotion period will unlock the "Chipotle Badge" and will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes. Each additional “check in” to a Chipotle location during the promotion period and following the unlocking of the Chipotle Badge will result in one (1) additional entry into the sweepstakes, subject to the limitations below. In order to "check in" to a Chipotle location, entrant must be in or immediately adjacent to a Chipotle restaurant location and use his/her wireless mobile device to access the Foursquare system and follow the system’s instructions to "check-in" to the location. PURCHASE AT THE CHIPOTLE RESTAURANT TO WHICH ENTRANT IS CHECKING IN IS NOT REQUIRED TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. Submitting mass check-ins or entries or check-ins or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Limit of one entry per Foursquare account per day.
4. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Foursquare account will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the foursquare.com account by Foursquare.
5. One grand prize winner and ten runner up winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries by Chipotle within one week following conclusion of the promotion period. Grand prize will be issued in the form of 52 “burrito buck” promotional coupons to be delivered to the winner, each entitling the winner to one free burrito, burrito bowl, order of tacos or salad at any Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurant within the U.S. Runner-up prizes will be arranged through Chipotle’s representatives, and will each consist of ten free burritos, burrito bowls, orders of tacos or salads, five free chips and salsas, and ten free drinks, all as arranged in advance (as to location and timing) with designated Chipotle representatives. Each winner will be notified within five business days following determination of the winners. In the event winners do not claim their prize within five days of notification of their winning, Chipotle may in its sole discretion select a substitute winner, in which case such originally-notified winner will be disqualified and all rights and privileges of such originally-notified winner as a prize winner in the sweepstakes will be immediately waived. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
6. Entrants must be a resident of the United States, 14 years or older. Employees of Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Foursquare Labs, Inc. and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible entrants.
7. No substitution for or transfer of prizes permitted. Retail value of grand prize is approximately $375 and of each runner up prize is approximately $110.
8. All Federal, State, provincial, local and other applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
9. Chipotle reserves the right to implement policies and procedures as may be necessary to enforce compliance with this limit or with any other element of these official rules. Winners (or a winner’s parent or qualified legal guardian if winner is under the applicable age of majority) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, or other documentation required by Chipotle.
10. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and any other rules and regulations adopted by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. This promotion shall only be construed and evaluated according to the laws of the State of Colorado, USA, and the federal laws of the United States of America, without regard to the provisions of conflicts of laws thereof. Winners each hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado in connection with any legal proceeding relating to this promotion or brought to enforce or interpret these Official Rules, and winners further agree that such federal and state courts located in the State of Colorado will be the sole and exclusive venue for any such proceedings, and hereby waive any objection based on lack of personal jurisdiction, improper venue, inconvenient forum or similar grounds in any such proceeding.
11. Winners assume all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize. By accepting a prize, recipient agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., Foursquare Labs, Inc., and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, damages or causes of action (however named or described), with respect to or arising out of: (i) winner's participation in the promotion; or (ii) the receipt or redemption of any prize.
12. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY PRIZE WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY PRIZE WINNER THAT CHIPOTLE DETERMINES MAY PLACE CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES IN DANGER OF VIOLATING ANY PROVISION OF APPLICABLE LAW, OR IN DANGER OF BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR THAT REFLECTS ADVERSELY ON CHIPOTLE, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, MAY IN CHIPOTLE’S SOLE DISCRETION BE DISQUALIFIED AS A WINNER AND ALL RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
13. Chipotle assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this promotion or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this promotion. Chipotle is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players as a result of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this promotion. Chipotle is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or in the announcement of any prize winners.
14. If, for any reason, the sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Chipotle which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes. Should the sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, each prize may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Chipotle. Chipotle reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find (a) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, (c) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or (d) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the sweepstakes and will result in that individual's Foursquare account becoming ineligible and the entry/entries submitted by that Foursquare account becoming void.
15. All determinations by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. are final.
16. The promotion is sponsored by Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc., 1401 Wynkoop Street, Suite 500, Denver, CO 80202.